International research activities
The Centre for Research, Development and Transfer supports international networking and visibility as well as the participation of TH Rosenheim in international research projects.
If you have any questions or suggestions on our international research activities, please get in touch with us!
Engagement in international projects and networks
TH Rosenheim has considerable experience implementing ambitious international research endeavours:
- The Horizon 2020 project ONEforest is being carried out by TH Rosenheim as consortium leader together with 19 European partners. A multi-criteria decision support system for joint forest management is being developed to strengthen the resilience of forests, harmonise the interests of stakeholders and ensure sustainable timber flows
- The Horizon Europe project A-IQ Ready proposes state-of-the-art quantum sensing, edge continuum orchestration of AI and distributed collaborative intelligence technologies to realise the vision of intelligent and autonomous systems for the digital age
- We cooperate with European partners in the framework of the Interreg Alpine Space funding line, e.g. Cool*Alps, Lebenswerter Alpenraum 4.0, SMART SPACE, Circular 4.0, DuALPlus
- Together with partners from Austria, we implement various projects under the Interreg Bavaria-Austria funding line, e.g. ReBi, LOW COST nZEB, KMU 4.0, KI-Net, Christmas Forest
We are also involved in numerous networks & memberships and international events, such as the BioEconomy Cluster, which we co-founded, or the international Forum Holzbau on the topic of "building with biogenic materials".
Support of international research activities
An improved international network and visibility as well as the continuous increase in EU third-party funding were identified as our overarching internationalization goals. Measures to achieve these goals include, among others:
- Support with (the initiation of) international research projects: Search for funding programs and partners as well as support with international visits, network activities and with the application process
- Introduction of an international research week as an instrument for building and expanding international networks
- Information events on EU funding programmes: (Virtual) events for academic staff, e.g. with the Bavarian Research Alliance and cluster platforms
- English language contributions on research activities and achievements (e.g. Spotlight on "Research in Bavaria")
- Recognition & awards for international research achievements
Supporting international mobility
By promoting international mobility, the internationalisation process is strategically anchored and implemented at all university levels and across all groups of staff. We recommend the following internal and external offers:
- DAAD scholarships for congress participation abroad for professors, doctoral students, academic staff and Master's students: Read more
- Bavarian (BayIntAn) funding for initiation of international research collaborations: Read more
- Internal funding opportunities for international research stays by doctoral students: Read more
- Erasmus+ staff mobility: Read more
- DFG funding for international collaborations: Read more
- COST funding for international networks: Read more
- DAAD funding for bilateral exchange of academics: Read more
Information for foreign guests
We are happy to welcome international guest researchers and interns! The following information may be helpful for planning a stay:
R&D Image Presentation
Here is an overview of research activities of TH Rosenheim in English language.