Applying for a semester abroad in Rosenheim

You apply to spend one or two semesters abroad through your home university, which has to be a partner university of Rosenheim Technical University of Applied Sciences. In order to ensure that your application process is dealt with quickly, please note the following guidelines.

Please contact the coordinator at your home university who is responsible for the exchange programme (ERASMUS, university partnership) and apply for an exchange place at Rosenheim Technical University of Applied Sciences. If your application is successful your home university will nominate you for one or two semesters abroad at TH Rosenheim.

Nomination deadlines for partner universities (i.e. Nomination of exchange students from partner universities)

  • 1 May (winter semester)
  • 1 November (summer semester)

Please include: Name, first name, gender, email, study programme, date of birth and citizenship. After you have submitted your nomination, the students receive an email about the application process.

Please note the new regulations applying to non-EU exchange students from EU partner universities:

Application deadlines for exchange students (i.e. Submission of the required application documents from exchange students)

  • 1 June (winter semester)
  • 1 December (summer semester)

Online Application at TH Rosenheim

After being successfully nominated by your home university for a place at TH Rosenheim, you will get a link to our online application tool "Mobility Online".

For your online application, please complete the following steps:

  • Fill in the online form completely and click on "Submit Application"
  • You will receive an e-mail with the request for registration
  • Please use the indicated link in the e-mail in order to register
  • During the registration process you will create your user account and enter your personal data
  • Please carry out afterwards all necessary steps requested by the "Workflow"

For your application in the "Mobility Online Tool" the following documents are required:

  • Picture (size of passport photograph) (jpg)
  • Copy of passport / personal ID (pdf)
  • Transcript of records up-to-date from home university (pdf)
  • Certificate of enrolment from home university (pdf)
  • Learning agreement (signed by the home university) (pdf)
  • Template Learning agreement - for ERASMUS exchange students
    Template Learning agreement - for international exchange students
  • Optional: Language proficiency certificate in German (Level B2) or English (Level B2) (pdf)

The single steps carried out by you in the “Mobility Online Tool” will be verified by the International Office for completeness and released for further processing. Therefore, please check regularly your workflow to run through all the necessary steps required for your study abroad stay at TH Rosenheim.

IMPORTANT: Please make a note of your user account data.

If your application is successful you will receive temporary admission for one or a maximum of two semesters as an exchange student. You cannot complete a degree during this time abroad.

German or English language skills

Exchange students confirm in their online application that they have adequate German or English language skills. The confirmation of foreign language proficiency (Level B2 under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) - optional - should be issued by the sending university or by an official language test centre based on the results of standardised language examinations.


  • For any queries regarding the content or subject of your studies or the selection of suitable courses please contact the Departmental Coordinators
  • For any administrative queries regarding your stay abroad in Rosenheim please contact the International Office
Old Browser Link